Food Truck Park opens in Millvale

Ashley Moan

A new food truck has opened in Millvale, not far from CCAC North.

Ashley Moan, North Campus Staff

A little rain and windy weather did not stop locals from enjoying Pittsburgh’s first Food Truck Park.

On April 6, the Pittsburgh Food Truck Park launched their opening. Locals enjoyed a variety of food trucks paired with some live music. Adults and children got to take advantage of the game area where they played corn hole and other activities.

Brea says, “We book a variety of trucks and coordinate the schedule so there is a little something for everyone, from BBQ to burgers to tacos to coffee and dessert.”

The food trucks will be rotated daily, and there will be a beer garden rotating over 30 local drafts according to their website. There will also be an indoor venue for private events.

The park also has some interactive events within the community. According to Brea there will be a monthly yoga class scheduled and they plan to incorporate more fitness events. The park is partnering with multiple community organizations to offer locals many options of events. Brea says they will be participating in the Millvale Music Festival on May 12 as the Friday night preview party and kickoff location.

“Being from Millvale and closely following the town’s recent growth, it seemed like the right place at the right time,” says Matt Lang, co-owner of the Food Truck Park.

“Being adjacent to the City of Pittsburgh, Millvale provides a relatively central location for most all of the Pittsburgh area and has the added benefits of being along the Three Rivers Heritage Trail and the Allegheny River.”

“Also, with Pittsburgh’s love and embrace of the three rivers, we thought a riverfront location is the one of the best ways to enjoy what makes Pittsburgh truly unique.”

Through April the park is open Friday 4-10 pm and Saturday 11-10 pm. In May, Sunday will be added to their operating hours and Monday evenings will be added in June.